Isn't that vandalism?

Saw a nice painting? Share it with everyone here.

Isn't that vandalism?

Postby Archnouff on Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm personnaly outraged by what was drawn in that place:

http://webcanvas.com/?x=-12830&y=11405

Is that allowed, to destroy a so big part of the canvas to put that thing? I think that's a huge violation of one of the few rules of the website: "No destroying or defacing other's work". I find pretty normal to modify some drawings to make them evolve, or even to make that kind of drawing, but not in a place where were many other drawings, erasing them. I hope that somebody will do something about that, because the one who did that drawing doesn't even let anyone put anything on it (he imediately restores it), and that's a pretty selfish behavior in my opinion, and not very in phase with the spirit of this site.

I apologize if I didn't write in the good thread.
Archnouff

Re: Isn't that vandalism?

Postby admin on Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Archnouff,

We can always restore the drawings that were there before, and at some point will run a massive clean-up of the canvas!

I see you are upset, and rightly so... it is very anti-social to destroy great pieces of work!

Was there anything particular that you'd want us to restore?

Best regards,
A.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Archnouff on Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am

Hi,

Thank you to have considered my request.
I have no other request of restoration. In fact what annoys me the most is all the scrabbles that some people do on the drawings, as if they were testing the tools, but I find funny to try to remove them myself as I did in http://webcanvas.com/#-2550,1192,0 for example.
The problem with my previous request is that it was impossible to recover the drawings behind (even if they were not awsome ones).
I hope that the cancelling of that drawing won't bother the community, because I know some people were against it, and particularly the drawer, as he put efforts in this work. But anyway, he seemed to have taken screenshots of it so he will be able to put it elsewhere.
Archnouff

Postby mucain on Tue May 15, 2012 3:06 pm

"because the one who did that drawing doesn't even let anyone put anything on it (he imediately restores it), and that's a pretty selfish behavior in my opinion, and not very in phase with the spirit of this site."

Nope,that was me as all you put on it were insults and certain parts of the human body in sole purpose of destroying his piece.
I don't see how the violation of a rule puts you in the position to brake all other rules in return.
Also Wildstarr puts lots of thought and effort into his work and generally has a reasonable sense on what to cover or not to cover.
mucain

Postby Archnouff on Wed May 16, 2012 6:51 pm

I must admit my reaction was childish (but I don't actually think I'm the one who drew body parts, I were not the only one drawing), because I was annoyed by that drawing. Additionally, the one who stalked me, and put my photo on the canvas with an insult clearly against me didn't contribut to calm me down.
Morover, I put a thread on the forum to debate about the drawing and not to absolutely remove it. I'm new to this site, so I don't know exactly the limits. If you think that the area he covered was worthless and that his drawing has its place her, I've no right to complain as you must know that site much more than I do. I just expressed my dissatisfaction in a selfish way I won't take ever again, and I'm sorry about that.
Archnouff

Postby Wildstarr on Tue May 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi, im the one who made the "R.I.P MCA" piece (- a small tribute to a hiphop legend). I figure its the cause of this thread. It was never my intent to offend anyone, im sorry that you felt "outraged". When i pick a spot to do a piece i do it with care.
The rule i use is that any piece going over another must be done with more thought n effort spent.
And as you could see by the restore, there wasnt anything but scribbles there. Since it was a fairly basic piece, close to the middle, i didnt expect it to last too long... n it didnt.

Now there is a piece by "semoone" just above the spot and i personally think pieces like it contributes a lot more to this sites art portfolio than 10-20 small 5 minute scribbles. If there is one among those done with care, they usually get incorporated into the bigger piece anyhow.

If an admin would like to comment on my view of things than that would be great.

Thanks for the help mucain, much appreciated! <3
I'll be back to outrage a few more peeps ;)
Pees
Wildstarr

Return to WebCanvas Paintings