Cant login and else

Suggestions for improvement, bug reporting, and others.

Cant login and else

Postby Aniras on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey there, nice page

but i recently made an account and cant login, i push the button but nothing happens.
some else, i experienced serverags which made me draw long lines into pics of others :(

im also trying to fill up a space with color instead of ruining my joints and paint it all with the brush =(

somebody have suggestions or telling me what im doing wrong xP?

keep it up =) there are some really nice draws out there already :3
Aniras

Re: Cant login and else

Postby Lauwenmark on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:20 am

but i recently made an account and cant login, i push the button but nothing happens.

Well, maybe you just didn't notice - one way to check if you are logged in is that the Extras->Upload Image menu item becomes available. The User->Login menu also becomes User->Logout.
If none of the above are available, you'd want to check your browser configuration - try to temporarily deactivate any filtering system you have (NoScript, ad blockers, etc), and see if it doesn't solve the issue. This should help you pin-pointing what's wrong.

some else, i experienced serverags which made me draw long lines into pics of others :(

Lags can be caused by two things:
- Client-side (your computer), when the webcanvas interface draws so much CPU power that your computer cannot follow anymore. This can also happen when another program on your computer eats too much CPU time, makes a blocking I/O call on a hard disk, etc.;
- Network-side, with a high latency in the client-to-server communication.

Indeed, I also tend to find that WebCanvas eats quite some CPU power, sometimes too much to allow a nice drawing experience. There's little you can do on your side unfortunately, apart ensuring that other running programs are taking as little computing resources as possible on your machine.

im also trying to fill up a space with color instead of ruining my joints and paint it all with the brush =(

As far as I can tell, there is no "bucket" tool to fill areas. Moreover, the idea of layers does not exist, so you cannot use the traditional "ink on layer 1, color on layer 2" technique. So you have to adapt to what little amount of tools is available.
Lauwenmark

Return to WebCanvas Feedback!